Data science can open your mind—and career path—to infinite possibilities. There is a growing need in many fields for people who can apply computational and statistical techniques to data and then effectively communicate results from analyses to various stakeholders.
The new UBC Master of Data Science is a professional program developed by the combined expertise of the UBC departments of Computer Science and Statistics to help meet this need and give students a fast track to a great career.
Utilizing descriptive and prescriptive techniques, students extract and analyze data from both unstructured and structured forms and then communicate the findings of those analyses in ways to enable organizations to make informed decisions based on data.
Candidates graduate with the skills to extract and analyze data and then communicate the findings of those analyses in compelling and clear ways to help organizations put data to work.
- Who: Students with an undergraduate degree, required pre-requisite courses, an inquisitive nature, a passion for learning, and a burning intellectual curiosity. Any undergraduate degree will be considered, from the Sciences, to the Arts and Business.
- What: 10-month, full-time, accelerated data science masters program.
- Where: The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada.
- When: Starts each September.
- How: An intensive schedule of one-credit courses clustered in two and four-week segments to provide focus and cover topics in-depth.
- Why: To translate data into knowledge, communicate its stories and help decision-makers take action.